Are you looking for a job that gives you complete control of your work/life balance? A job that provides better earning potential, flexible working hours, and lets you be your own boss? Those are just a few of the benefits of becoming a driving instructor.
That’s where we come in
At Rapid Pass Driving Centre, we can provide training courses of the highest standard in the UK, preparing you for the three government tests you will need to pass. With over 5 decades of experience, our team are more than equipped to deliver professional, quality training to all trainee instructors.
There are a few prerequisites you must meet in order to become a driving instructor in the UK:
- You must have held a driving license for at least 4 out of the last 6 years, although training can be started after 3.5 years
- You must be able to read a new-style licence plate from 90 feet away (glasses or contact lenses are permitted)
- You must be deemed as a ‘fit and proper person’ by the Driving Standards Agency (DSA)
- You must pass a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check to be carried out by the DSA
- You have to pass three driving instructor tests set by the Government:
- Part 1: Computer based theory and hazard perception
- Part 2: Driving ability test
- Part 3: Instructional ability test
What will it cost
We aim to provide quality driving instructor training that covers only what you need, offering tailored courses to suit different driving and teaching experience.
There are 4 options:
- £499 – Perfect for those with lots of driving or teaching experience, this course gives you unlimited access to over 250 hours of expert instruction, training, coaching, online classroom sessions, videos, step-by-step tutorials and development, and study webinars and seminars to cover the DSA syllabus and develop your skills to the highest standards. You can train any time, day or night, and you can repeat it over and over again. Once we have helped you complete this course, we will assess you on the road with one of our expert team and make sure you are ready for the test. Please note that this course is home studied and does not include in-car training.
- In-car training costs.
- £300/day – If you need a little extra help on the road, we will let you pay as you go for just £280 a day (8 hours), or £200 per half day (5 hours), so you only pay for what you need.
- £2500 – If you’d prefer, we can put together our Platinum Course for just £2250. This starts with £499 to prepare your skills, before we give you 50 hours of on-the-road tuition (1-1). Terms and conditions apply.
Please contact us today for more information on the right option for you, and we’ll be happy to assist you.
Request a Callback
Why Choose Us?
- Tailored driving lessons
- Intensive driving courses
- Semi-intensive driving courses
- Quality instructor training
- Special offers for students
- Pass Plus & motorway lessons